Tuesday, November 23, 2010

All That I Desire

It would be remiss of me to mention "You Alone" and not mention this song. Back in the early days I was told to revise the original version of "You Alone". In doing so, I found the song was trying to say too much - many of my early songs particularly suffered from this! The themes involved would be better served in two separate songs. "All That I Desire" is what came out. Alludes to Romans 12 as well as Isaiah 64.

VERSE 1
Lord I offer this life in surrender
Lay before You my every agenda
I was made for Your purpose
To bring honour to Your great name, Lord

VERSE 2
Like the clay in the hands of the potter
Let my life Lord, be so yielded to You
In my life, build Your purpose
To bring honour to Your great name, Lord

CHORUS
All I want to be... is to be more like You
More like You, Jesus
All that I desire... is to bring You glory
To bring You glory, Lord

VERSE 3
Be my vision, let me never wander
To this world and all it has to offer
Let my heart bring devotion
Praise and honour to Your great name, Lord

If you would like to hear this, or use this at your church please do let me know. More songs to come shortly!

In Christ,
AM

No comments:

Post a Comment