Sunday, July 31, 2011

Psalm 130 (My Soul Waits)

Time for another post, it's been ages. We have just finished a series on prayer at church and for weeks a video ran at the start with Psalm 130. I had come across this psalm before and wanted to write a song on it but never got around to it. Having seen this week after week the ideas began to flow. I read a commentary which really shaped my idea for "My Soul Waits" - saying that the idea of the nightwatchman waiting for the sun was not of vain hope, but knowing the shift WILL end because the sun WILL rise. Deliverance will come!

My prayer is that the end result is a song that declares God's faithfulness and the faith we should have in Him and His power.

VERSE 1
I lift my voice to You, my Saviour and my King
So faithful are You Lord, I know You hear
If You recalled each sin, I know I could not stand
In mercy You forgive, in grace I live

PRECHORUS
More than the watchman waits for morning
Knowing the sun will rise again

CHORUS
So my soul waits for You, O Lord
My hope is in Your Word alone
Confident in Your promise true
In Your faithfulness I stand secure

VERSE 2
So everything I am will hope in You, O God
Your never-failing love, Your mercy strong
Forgiven and redeemed from all my sin and shame
Now all I want is to be where You are

BRIDGE
You are faithful, You are true, I'll wait on You, Lord
Through the darkness, You lead me, I will worship You

My prayer is that these words are a blessing and encouragement to all no matter where you are. God is faithful! Deliverance will come! No recording as this is very new - but keep an eye on this blog and twitter for more news. If you want to know more about the song or want sheet music for your church, you know what to do - please contact me!

Blessings,
AM

No comments:

Post a Comment