Sunday, May 22, 2011

Greatness Of Knowing You

Long time since my last post, apologies. I had wanted to write on Philippians 3 for ages. When I preached on it nearly 3 years ago, even more so I sensed I had a lyric brewing. It took the better part of 18 months and after nearly shelving it, the song was saved by dabbling with a borrowed Strat.

While the verses deal with the text, the bridge reminds us that we aren't there yet but God in His mercy continues to change us - the result is we can't help but sing! The chorus echoes Paul's ultimate summary - that nothing in this world compares to the greatness of knowing Christ!

VERSE 1
All that I've loved fades
In light of Your mercy
All that was my gain
I now count as loss
So that I may be found in You Lord
And by faith, receive Your righteousness

CHORUS
O the greatness of knowing You Lord!
O the wonder! O the blessing!
O the greatness of knowing You Lord!
Nothing in this world compares

VERSE 2
I long to know You
In Your resurrection
And to share with You
In Your suffering
So that I may become like You, Lord
In Your death and share Your risen life

BRIDGE
Humbled by Your mercy
From glory to glory, Jesus
You are changing me
For everything You've done, Lord
For Your name and honour, Jesus
Highest praise, I bring

I pray this song is a blessing to you. There is a recording up on
www.myspace.com/andrewmihaleff. If you would like to use this at your church please contact me and I'd be happy to get sheet music to you.

"O the wonder!" May we always be in awe of this amazing truth.

AM

No comments:

Post a Comment